Our Ponchos are back!! Snuggle up and look effortlessly cool in the Ayah Poncho. Made locally in NYC from rescued deadstock designer fabric. 100% Ethical. 100% Amazing.
We live our lives 'on the go' and in a matter of convenience we often find ourselves using and discarding paper cups more times than we care to count. Approximately 50 billion paper cups in the U.S. end up in landfills every year and of those cups it takes more than 20 years for a single cup to decompose. We can't even use our fingers to do the math on this one! Try using BPA & Toxin Free reusable travel mugs and water bottles. You will greatly reduce your carbon footprint and the earth will thank you for it too!
Bicycling, walking, carpooling & public transportation are one of the best ways to keep your life green. Combining trips, driving smart cars, and utilizing sharing methods like Uber Pool significantly reduces the amount of harmful exhaust emissions that are released into the air. Our choice for getting around the city is bicycling and walking; it's quick & easy, plus a cute tush from all the cycling doesn't hurt either. *wink* #ecogirlbehavior
For all of your bike needs check out our favorite bike shop, Bike Pretty.
In collaboration with Women Artisans in Soweto we present to you our Soweto Shopper! Made from up-cycled crochet yarn as the exterior & recyclable maize meal sacks as the interior, this product is 100% Eco-Friendly.
With our passion for being an ethical and sustainable brand, your purchase of this bag has already made an impact. Each bag purchased puts money back into the community by assisting children who have been abused, homeless, and in orphanages.
Home is where the heart is and should be the place that we find a sense a calm. But with so many of us with busy lifestyles it's hard to make time for ourselves. Here are 5 tips to create a peaceful nook in your home to destress, meditate, pray, read, or daydream.
1. Find a space in your home near a window or an area that attracts natural light.
2. Add some of your favorite fixtures like a comfortable chair and small side table.
3. Add plants such as Aloe, Bamboo, Golden Pothos, or Philodendron. They are all excellent houseplants and great for purifying the air in your home.
4. Spice up the space by adding a few eco-friendly decorative pillows. Our favorite eco-organic decorative throws are from brands, Coyuchi & Bambeco.
5. Once you've created your space make a promise to yourself to keep this area it tech free: no cellphone, no i-pad, no laptop (unless it's a reading tab). Allow yourself to get lost in a great read or give yourself 20 minutes of relaxation meditation.
Follow these 5 tips and we promise your mind, body, and soul will thank you.
PSA: Save your pineapple skins! They have good stuff in them. Lots of fruits hold a lot of their nutrients in their skins but who wants to chew on that?! But we've found the remedy and here are our top 3 reasons to save your pineapple skins and reduce waste! ❤
1. Organic Pineapple Skin Tea- boil skins in 1 liter of water for 15mins or until water turns yellow. Add raw local honey or drink plain. This tea is great for circulation, anti-inflammatory, cleansing, immune booster, & weight loss.
2. Pineapple Pot-Pourri- place skins in a food dehydrator or an oven at 200 degrees and leave until skins crisp. Add your favorite spices and dried flowers for a sweet aroma.
3. Pineapple Foot Scrub- place skins in blender and blend until you get a coarse paste. Apply paste to your feet and leave for 20min.
For every item of clothing donated, 27 lbs of carbon emissions are reduced, based on the fact that there isn't another garment being produced while one is headed to a landfill.
Donate to a thrift store or charity that accepts donations, or trade with your girlfriend (you know that dress was made for her anyways 😘). #keepearthsexy
Summer isn't over. In fact we've just entered one of the hottest months of the year on the East Coast! But don't fret, because the bare shouldered Ellie Dress will do the trick!
Happy August Loves.
Having a good day? Use coconut oil!
Having a bad day? Use coconut oil!
Coconut oil literally fixes everything! That's why we go crazy for the coco.
Here are 5 reasons we love coconut oil:
Can be used in homemade soap for laundry. We are big fans of green cleaning our clothing and not using harsh detergents that can irritate the skin and can be bad for the environment. So we suggest using coconut oil as a laundry soap. Find out how to make your own laundry soap here.
Oil pulling with coconut oil and a drop of oregano oil helps improve gum health. Place 1-2 tablespoons of coconut oil and drop of oregano in your mouth and swish around for 20mins. Keep oil at the front of your mouth, do not gargle, and continue to swish. If you get tired of swishing, take a break and let oil sit in mouth, then continue for the remainder of the 20min.
As a replacement for vegetable oils in any recipe or in cooking. Veggies taste best when cooked in coconut oil; it adds a flavorful zest to the food.
Can help improve sleep when taken daily. Add a couple tablespoons of coconut oil melted in a cup of herbal tea per day to help give the body the building blocks to make sleep hormones.
Use by itself as a natural deodorant. Sign me up!!